These are seasonal resources. If you are looking for general Coronavirus advice and resources for churches, click here.
Lent and Easter
Looking for new seasonal resources for churches to use with children, young people and families? You’ve come to the right place!
The changing Covid situation can make planning a challenge. Remember that the most important thing is building relationships with the families that are connected to your church, so if you’re short of time, or money, or volunteers, or all three, then keep it simple. Do the simplest thing you can to remind families in your church and community that you’ve not forgotten them.
If you would like to talk through your plans, or seek advice on safeguarding and risk assessments, please get in touch with me. If you have a great idea to add to this page, let me know! Contact: Claire Benton-Evans email@example.com
How do we talk to children about war in Ukraine? Click here.
Keeping it local
Ways to share the Good News with your local community
- Wonder Walks – an all-age interactive handbook to help you read, think and talk about the Easter story as you go on a walk
- Muddy Church – seasonal resources for the great outdoors, with regular posts on the Muddy Church Facebook page
- Easter in a Box – an exciting, interactive way to share the Easter story with your local school (or Sunday school)
Zoom ideas, videos, slideshow material and more
- Children’s Chapel – the Scottish Episcopal Church’s short online act of worship for very young children at home with their families. Available once a month on Sunday from 8am.
- There’s a wealth of lectionary-based all-age resources in Spill the Beans
Faith at Home
Resources for families to use at home
- Seasonal activities from GodVenture – ideas for creative and interactive ways for families to explore faith at home
- Encourage families to look ahead by gifting them a colourful Easter Countdown Calendar with stickers, beginning on 2 March
All-age resources for use in church
- Pancakes to Ashes – an all-age service for Shrove Tuesday
- Mothering Sunday resource pack to help churches be welcoming and sensitive places for all individuals and families, produced by Home for Good